Friday, June 5, 2009

Frustrations......

I know that part of the process for me will be working out how to use my blog as I go along and right now that is causing me frustration.

For example I would like to be able to create tabs on my page that sort my posts according to categories so that it can be organised using the headings we got in our class handout e.g. literature, research, contacts, meetings etc. But although I have done some searching and exploring I have yet to find a way to do this.

I may have to seek 'expert' help - or may just muddle my way through - it just seems at the moment that a running stream organised chronologically is too simple and messy and that there has to be an easier way.

My other concern at the moment is how to include visual mind maps etc. on my blog - I'm sure there must be a way. I am a visual person and if I was producing my journal as a scrapbook I would have pages of brainstormed ideas and interconnections - e.g. this is what our 'wonderings' page is meant to be for. But how can I do this here? It would be great if there was a way to link to one of the mind-mapping programmes that we used in ICT class - I guess I'll add it to my growing list of things to do!!

2 comments:

  1. Today I found out how to add tabs/labels to my entries so that they can be searched by themes. These have been titled 'Inquiry Themes' in the left-hand toolbar on my site. Now that I have this established it will help me in terms of adding key-words to entries and searching back under these themes to explore progress of ideas etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also worked out a way to work around my mind-map frustration. I have simply created tables in Word and then screen-capped these and posted as a blog entry. It's not ideal as I would ultimately like to use mind-mapping diagrams, but it is a good start until I find another way of doing things.

    ReplyDelete